Improve Plant Safety & Maximize Productivity

Combustible Lint in the Laundry Industry

What is inevitable in every laundry facility? Lint. These small particles don’t dissipate heat well, and they offer a high-ratio surface area. The result: lint is susceptible to spontaneous combustion; these miniscule fibers are highly combustible and are the perfect fuel for fires.

Lint’s combustible nature puts commercial laundry facilities at risk for fire disasters. Nearly one in ten fires at hotels and healthcare facilities involve laundry facilities.

It can be challenging for these types of facilities to maintain a clean, safe setting. Even optimized inline lint filters are designed to collect only 98% of the lint produced. In a commercial laundry setting, the remaining 2% can quickly accumulate—and not all commercial lint filter systems are this effective.

If the right systems aren’t in place to manage the remaining lint, the lint can accumulate. Once accumulated, a spark from a conveyor belt or something as simple as steaming operations can trigger a combustible event. The high temperatures of commercial dryers further add to this risk of combustible events. If an event occurs, lint that has accumulated on surfaces may then ignite, causing secondary fires and additional explosions.

To avoid these disasters, laundry facilities must be able to mitigate the risk of combustible lint. They need a system that effectively prevents lint build-up to maintain a clean, safe environment.

How Lint Blower Can Help Laundry

TUKU is the perfect partner for the laundry industry. Delivering more than a clean-up solution, TUKU engineered industrial lint control fans prevent the accumulation of lint and effectively reduce the risk of combustible lint events.